If you are planning to try some special Valentines Day recipe then don’t forget quick tomato seafood soup recipe.
2 tblsp olive oil or salad oil
1 medium-sized onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced or mashed
1 cup sliced celery
2 tblsp chopped parsley
1 tsp basil leaves
1/2 tsp each rosemary and thyme leaves
26 oz. condensed tomato soup
1 bottle ( 8 oz.) clam juice
about 14 oz. regular-strength chicken broth
2 ounces spaghetti
1 pound halibut or Greenland turbot fillets ( partially thaw if frozen), cut in about 1 inch chunks.
4 1/2 oz small whole shrimp ( rinsed and drained well) or sue fresh shrimp.
8 oz. crap meat ( drained) or use fresh crab
salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add onion garlic and celery, cook stirring until onion is limp.
- Stir in parsley, basil, rosemary thyme, cayenne, tomato soup, clam juice and chicken broth.
- Bring to boiling
- Break spaghetti roughly into thirds and stir into soup.
- Cover the pan and simmer until spaghetti is almost tender about 10 minutes.
- Add halibut cover and simmer until halibut flakes when prodded with a fork ( about 7 minutes for fresh or completely thawed fish or about 12 minutes if it was partially frozen).
- Stir in shrimp and crab.
- Heat until hot throughout.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup from a tureen or serve in individual bowls.
- Offer lemon wedges to squeeze over .