Looking for some Valentines Day recipe!! Try the lattice topped cherry pie recipe.
1 lb. Each pitted sour cherries
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/3 tsp almond extract
2 1/2 tblsp cornstarch
Pastry for a two-crust 9 inch pie
1 tblsp butter or margarine
- Drain cherries, saving 1/3 cup of the liquid.
- Combine cherries, reserved liquid, granulated sugar, brown sugar, extract, and cornstarch.
- Stir well and set aside.
- Prepare the pastry from your own recipe or pie crust mix.
- On a floured board, roll out half the pasty to fit a 9 inch pie pan.
- Roll out remaining pasty the same size; then cut into 1/2 inch wide strips.
- Set strips aside.
- Pour cherry mixture into pasty; dot with butter.
- Arrange pastry strips, about 1/2 inch apart, across the top in a lattice fashion.
- Crimp edges decoratively to secure strips.
- Bake in a 375 oven for 40 minutes or until crust is golden and juices are bubbly.