Florida salad recipe could be tried this Valentine Day as a special Valentine Day Recipe.
Pears or any other fruit 2 cups
Cottage cheese cubes 1 cup
Capsicum 1/2 cup
Lettuce 1 head
To be blended into a dressing:
Lemon juice 1 tbsp
White vinegar 1 tbsp
Olive oil or salad oil 6 tbsp
Parsley 1 tbsp
Freshly ground pepper
Salt to taste
For the garnish:
Bread croutons 1/2 cup
Red cherries 6
- Dice the fruit and the capsicum.
- Slice the cucumbers thinly.
- Chop the parsley finely.
- If using fresh pears, sprinkle a little lemon juice on top to avoid discolouring.
- Mix the capsicum with the pears and cottage cheese cubes.
- Put the lettuce in ice-cold water for 10 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
- Break the lettuce into bite-sized pieces and arrange on a round platter.
- Pile the pear and cottage cheese mixture in the centre and make a ring of the cucumber slices on the outside.
- Sprinkle the croutons around the salad and top with the cherries.
- Put in the refrigerator.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the dressing on top. Serve cold.