Caramel French toast recipe would help you please the taste buds of your loved ones. Try it as a Valentine Day recipe.
Brown sugar 1 cup
Butter 1/2 cup
Corn syrup 2 tbsp
Sandwich bread 12 slices
Egg beaten 6
Milk 1 1/2 cup
Vanilla 1 tsp
Salt 1/4 tsp
How to make caramel french toast:
- Combine sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly
- Pour syrup mixture into a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish. Place 6 slices of bread on top of syrup mixture. Top with remaining 6 slices of bread.
- Combine eggs, milk, vanilla, and salt, stirring until blended.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over bread slices. Cover and chill for 8 hours.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve immediately.