4 tblsp butter or margarine
3 whole firm Anjou or Bosc pears
peeled, cored and sliced
3 or 4 tblsp sugar ( or to taste)
1/4 cup rum, brandy or Cointreau
Ice cream or whipping cream ( optional)
How to make
- Melt butter in a frying pan or chafing dish over medium to high heat
- Add pear slices
- If you peel the pears ahead sprinkle with lemon juice to keep them from turning brown.
- Sprinkle with sugar and heat
- Shaking the pan and stirring gently until pear slices are well coated with butter.
- Pour the rum, brandy or Cointreau over them and ignite
- Pears should not be overcooked